Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day

Thanks to New York State I have today off so I spent a portion of today enjoying a nice cigar while raking some leaves, damn, I hate raking leaves, my little brokedown palace doesn't have that many trees so where do all of these freakin' leaves come from.
Today is Veterans Day, a day where we give thanks to all of the men and women who served and continue to serve our great country to keep it free and allow me the privilege to rake these leaves.

All of Lisa's uncles who served during the WW II and Korean War era, i have traveled to Pennsylvania too many times over the past 7-10 years to bury another family member and hear a 21 gun salute, a couple of Lisa's cousin's who just retired after 25-30 years of service, Hollywood, a couple of people who that I work with Tony V, Vince and the rest of the veterans from downtown, and all of the veterans from Day 1 of the formation of the United States of America to today, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment